Thursday, November 15, 2018

Kindness Counts

It was World Kindness Day on Tuesday, November 13th. We read books and talked a lot about what it means to be kind. Today we read the book, Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed. We were given the challenge to do something kind to at least 5 people today. Some of us did 5 or more kind acts before lunch time. It was wonderful to see the effect our kind gestures had on so many of us.

Here are our thoughts:
I said I liked my friend's pjs at class meeting. -Braydon
I hung up my friend's ski pants when they were on the floor. -Colton
I played a game with my friend. -Carter M.
I was playing tag at school. I tagged my friend. -Bryce
I liked to read books with my Big Buddy. I was pointing to the words and being kind. -Autumn
I listened to my buddy read to me. -Carter D.
I said I like your pjs to Mrs. Tresoor. -Liam B.
I listened to my partner read to me. -Michael
I smiled at some friends. -Will
I said I liked my friends pjs. -Kennedy
My friend helped me when I was hurt -Jarrett
I played Mantracker with my friends at recesses. -Madison
Someone told me they liked my jammies. -Emily
Someone played tag with me at recess. -Gabriella
I played tag with my friends. I remembered not to hit them. -Nathan
I shared blocks with my friends. -Bryce
I hung up a jacket and gave 4 compliments. -Silas

It is great to see the kids working together, sharing materials and having positive interactions throughout the day.

Let's keep spreading kindness everyone! We hope someone makes your day a little brighter with an act of kindness.
Mrs. T & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment