Friday, November 23, 2018

Family Groups

We had an assembly to introduce Family Groups at BHS. The groups have students from kindergarten to grade 5. We met as a whole school in the gym and found our family colour group names. Then we went to classrooms to create a family crest. It was so nice to hear kids say hi to each other when we went outside for recess. This is a wonderful way to build community among the staff and students.
Here are our thoughts:
I have friends in my family group. -Ryder
I added details and I drew a picture. -Bryce
Family groups are fun. We coloured the letters in different colours. -Autumn
My big buddy is in my family group. -Emily
My family group is purple. We made a crest. -Kennedy
I liked my group because I was in my friend's class. -Jarrett
We coloured a picture of what we liked and our names. -Madison
We made a crest for our family group. -Michael
We played a board game in family groups. -Braydon
I liked cutting out my shape. -Charlie
I coloured me doing gymnastics and I cut it out. I liked writing the words. -Gabriella
I wrote my name in handwriting on my crest. -Silas
My family group is red. - Carter M.
I drew my cat. His name is Puss. -Will
I liked when we put the paper on the shield. -Liam B.
At family groups I liked to be in the different room. -Jaxson
I liked that I got to make a picture of my favourite things, hockey and video games. -Carter D.

We look forward to getting together with our Family Groups on early dismissal days. It is a great way for students to get to know some of the kids in our school that they may not get a chance to be with on a regular basis. We can all look out for each other and take care of each other.
Have a wonderful weekend.
-Mrs. T & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment