Monday, November 17, 2014

Fort Whyte Alive

We went on  a field trip to Fort Whyte Alive. We learned about how plants and animals survive our cold winters. We sure used our five senses on this trip. We saw so many interesting animals and plants. If we listened carefully we could hear the birds and the prairie dogs. We could smell the fresh outdoors. We touched the animals gently and some needles on the evergreen trees. We could feel the wind in our faces and the cold, crisp air on our cheeks. We tasted delicious food at lunch time to give us nourishment. Even though it was a bit cold with the windchill, we were dressed for the weather and we were able to enjoy the outdoor activities.

Here are our thoughts:
I saw lots of animals. -Kingston
I touched so many furry animals. -Kyla
I liked seeing all the animals. -Rylee
I saw a big catfish. -Ashton
The catfish has long whiskers. -Xoie
I liked touching the animal furs. -Diamond
It was neat to see all the animals. -Reese
I touched a lot of animals there. -Andrew
I liked the fluffy lynx. -Shelby
I enjoyed sitting on the bench to listen and look for the birds that came to the feeders. -Mrs. T
The animals were neat to see. -Brayden
I liked when we got to look around after lunch. -Hunter
I liked feeling the animals. -Shelby
I liked touching the animals and seeing them close up. -Ezra
We got to look at fish. -Brianna
I liked touching the animals. -Kody

Thanks to the volunteers for coming on our trip to help things run smoothly. We appreciate Mrs. Friesen arranging this field trip for the Grade Ones. Thanks to Mr. Unrau for taking great pictures to share with us. What was your favourite Fort Whyte memory? We hope you enjoy the video of our trip.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment