Friday, May 20, 2016

Folk Dance Festival

It was a beautiful day to be outside in the sunshine yesterday at McIvor Park. We were able to show off the dance moves that we have been learning with Mrs. Rand and Ms. Knoll. There were 11 schools at the park. The breeze was very refreshing as we were working up a sweat.

Here are our thoughts:
I enjoyed going on the field trip. I liked doing the Macarena. -Russell A.
I liked dancing the Hokey Pokey. -Josh
I enjoyed when we got to go to the playground. -Jake A.
Dancing was awesome. My favourite dance was the Macarena. -Cady
I liked dancing with my mom. -Cody
At the end I liked dancing with my baby sister. I kept holding her hands and she kept spinning around. -Sierra
I like to dance, -Jay Dee
I enjoyed dancing. My favourite dance was the Macarena. -Landyn
I enjoyed going on the bus, looking for Ford trucks and dancing. -Levi
I knew all the dances because we learned them in gym. -Zachary
I liked making a long train of people. -Callum
I didn't know some of the dances, but I followed what Mrs. Rand was doing. -Brady
I enjoyed doing all the dances and seeing my mom. -Naomi
I liked when we danced to the songs. -Eliza
I danced in a circle. -Russell L.
I enjoyed dancing with Zachary. -Gavin
My favourite thing was doing the Macarena. It was fun. -Bapreet
When we got back from the Folk Dance Festival, we got to watch a movie and have a popsicle. It was hot outside. -Anna

It was great to be able to share the "dance floor" with so many other kids from the schools in our division. We sure got in our 30x30 Nature Challenge. Dancing is great exercise!
-Mrs. T :)






No comments:

Post a Comment