Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Artist: Henri Matisse

We read a book about the artist, Henri Matisse. It was interesting to learn about his life. We found out that when he became sick and was unable to paint he began cutting out shapes with scissors. He called it, "drawing with scissors."

Here are our thoughts:
I like cutting. I want to try to cut a spiral this time. -Silas
I like Henri Matisse because I like how he does his art. I am going to be just like him drawing with scissors. -Colton
I cut out squares. I used blue paper. -Will
I really like drawing with scissors because I like cutting out stuff. -Jaxson
I like Matisse because he figured out a way to draw without using a paint brush. -Charlie-
Matisse wasn't just a man he was an artist. -Michael
I enjoyed making my own shapes and getting my own colours. -Madison
I liked that Matisse didn't give up on art even when he was sick. -Gabriella
It's fun to do because you are not allowed to use pencil you can only use scissors. -Jarrett
I learned that he was sick and he couldn't stand up and paint. -Autumn
I liked cutting out the shapes because it was fun to make all kinds of shapes. -Kennedy
Henri Matisse was sick a long time ago. He did art. -Bryce
When you draw with scissors you can make lots of new shapes. -Emily
You can make any shapes with scissors. I like the shapes I made. -Braydon

Please have a look at our artwork posted on Artsonia. Mr. Osiowy stopped by to have a look. The colourful cutouts looks spectacular! A student said that if Henri Matisse was alive today he would be impressed with our work. Yes, he would be!
-Mrs T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment