Friday, February 15, 2019

100th Day of School

We were very lucky to go to the Children's Museum on the 100th day of school. When we arrived we went over the expectations and then we were able to explore for a little bit. During our classroom activity we read the story, "What Do You Do With an Idea?" We wrote down all the things we have learned during the first 100 days of school. There were so many wonderful ideas that were shared on chart paper. Then we wrote down our ideas and put them into the plastic eggs. The one idea that we thought was the most important went into the egg that we decorated to take home. It was a fun-filled day!

Here are our thoughts:
I liked telling the people who worked there what I learned in the first 100 days of school. I learned to be respectful. -Gabriella
I liked the egg story because we have lots of ideas in the world. -Kennedy
I liked the train because it had a cool tunnel that you crawled in. -Charlie
I liked the big slide because on top of it there is a thing that you can look in to see your face. It was very funny. -Nathan
I enjoyed having fun going down the slide. -Autumn
I liked the pin screen because you can push on both sides. -Liam B.
I liked the play structure because you can talk to people through pipes. -Carter D.
I loved going on the bus because I like being in my own seat. -Colton
I liked looking out the window on the bus because I saw lots of buildings. -Michael
I liked the train so much because it has a steering wheel, a remote control and an engine. -Bryce
I had a nap on Charlie on the way back because I was tired from doing all that work at the Children's Museum. -Silas
I liked the slide because it was fun to go down and there was a big fort on the top. -Jarrett
I liked the play structure because you can have pool noodles to play with. -Ryder
I liked the water station because there was a tornado sucking up everything. -Will
I liked the craft with the egg. I decorated the egg with a crown and circles and some squares and triangles. - Jaxson
I enjoyed the water station because there were some little balls that you could play with in the water. -Madison
I enjoyed the train because you can see the tracks through a little screen and there are wipers, a bell, tables and a climbing thing on the train. -Emily
I liked the train because you could pretend to steer it. -Braydon

Thank you to our volunteers for helping out during our field trip. We were able to spend time at the museum with our friends in Room 3. We hope you enjoyed the 100 day cookie treat while you heard about the activities we did. It has been a great 100 days. We are looking forward to even more learning in the days ahead.
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment