Friday, February 22, 2019

Human Library

Wow, what an exciting morning. As part of I Love To Read month, Mrs. Dent Scarcello organized a Human Library. Guests came to our school to share their stories and expertise about a variety of topics. The kids were able to select their top 5 picks and then they were slotted into 3 different sessions. The topics were very interesting and there was lots of learning taking place. What a huge success! 

Here are our thoughts:
The best part was petting the dog because it was cute. -Braydon
I learned that stretching is really good for hockey because it makes you skate faster. -Michael
We got to feed Cheerio dog food that looks like chocolate cheerios. -Silas
I enjoyed the butterfly teacher. She gave us milkweed seeds. I'm going to plant them. -Charlie
I liked Cole because he ran far away. -Nathan
I liked the nurse because I got to be the patient, but the hospital gown was too big because she only helps adults. -Gabriella
Cole ran from Mexico to Canada. That's really far. -Jarrett
I saw a runner. I run. -Carter M.
Butterflies can fly to Mexico. It starts out as round egg. -Liam B.
I liked the dog because it was so cute. I got to pet him. -Jaxson
I liked the make-up station because I got make-up put on me. -Madison
I liked the make-up because Madison was having make-up on her. -Bryce
I liked Cole because he ran all the way to Mexico. My grandma always goes there in the winter. -Kennedy
I liked the gym lady because it's so fun to learn about yoga moves. -Colton
I liked the fitness one because we did a hockey workout. We did stretches. -Carter D.
I liked the beekeeper because he let me taste honey. It tasted sweet. -Emily
I went to the butterflies. They were orange and black with some white polka dots. -Will

Thanks to Mrs. Dent Scarcello for bringing the Human Library to life. Thanks to the guests who volunteered their time and shared their knowledge and passion with us. Thanks to the students for moving safely in the halls as we transitioned to the different sessions and for being a respectful audience for our guests.

Have a great weekend everyone! Remember there is no school on Monday, February 25th.
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

Enjoy this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment