Friday, May 24, 2019

Folk Dance Festival

On Thursday, May 23rd we went to McIvor Park to participate in the Folk Dance Festival. We were fortunate to have good weather with it raining on the Wednesday and Friday. The dances were taught during gym and some music classes. This gave us an opportunity to have a giant dance party with many elementary schools involved.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked the dances. It was pretty hot. -Nathan
I liked the folk dance because we did the Macarena. -Carter D.
I loved Cupid Shuffle because it was fun to do. -Colton
I liked Baby Shark because I like the song. -Autumn
I enjoyed that my mom was there and her friend was there and she brought her two babies. -Emily
When I was dancing I didn't fall. I liked Baby Shark. -Will
I liked dancing Baby Shark because I was doing the shark with my arms. -Kennedy
My favourite dance was the Cupid Shuffle and it has cool music. -Silas
I liked it because I saw two of my friends. One was from my dance class and one from ball hockey. -Ryder
The dances were easy. -Carter M.
I liked doing Baby Shark because I love that song. -Braydon
My favourite dance was Hot, Hot, Hot because I like when we jump. -Jarrett
I liked Car Wash because it has lots of movements. -Michael
I liked it when they did Baby Shark twice because it was super fun to dance to. Everyone knew it. -Madison
I liked the YMCA because we got to shout out YMCA. -Gabriella
I liked when we did Hot, Hot, Hot because I liked when we put our hands up in the air. -Jaxson
My favourite dance was Baby Shark because I sing it all the time and it's one of my favourite songs. -Charlie
My favourite dance is the Hokey Pokey because we shake our hands. -Bryce

What a great way to enjoy the day with friends, music and dance. Thanks to Mrs. Rand for getting to the park early to get a spot for our school.

Have a great weekend. If you feel the urge don't hesitate to have a dance party!
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment