Friday, May 03, 2019

African Drumming

We had an amazing week of drumming with Jay Stoller. The culmination of our learning took place last night with our Celebration of the Arts evening. Thanks to those who were able to make it out for the event. The drumming skills that developed over the week were fantastic. Families were able to do a gallery walk to view African artwork and writing that were on display outside the classrooms.





Here are our thoughts:
I loved drumming because Jay Stoller taught us how to drum. -Braydon
I liked Jay Stoller because he's nice and he showed us how to drum and it was fun. -Autumn
I learned how to drum in class. It was easy. -Bryce
I liked drumming because it was fun to drum. -Carter M.
It was easy to follow him. It was a little bit hard to drum fast. -Nathan
I liked the drumming because I liked how the sound was. -Jaxson
I liked the drumming because it made different sounds. -Emily
I am glad that we were picked first to drum at the concert because I like to drum since Jay Stoller came here and taught us. -Charlie
I liked drumming with Mr. Stoller because drumming is super fun. -Madison
I loved having cookies last night at the concert after we drummed. -Colton
I liked drumming because Mr. Stoller was here. He taught me how to drum in Africa. -Michael
After we drummed, I liked all the cookies that we ate. I was happy that Jay Stollar was with us too. -Ryder

Jay Stoller came to our school. He taught us African drumming. It was fun. -Jarrett
I liked drumming because I liked doing the elephant stomp. -Kennedy
I liked drumming because my parents got to watch. They waved to me. -Carter D.
I was nervous when I was going to do the drums because I thought I was going to mess up. -Liam B.
When I was drumming my parents came to see me. They watched me drum. -Will
I liked drumming because we learned lots of new stuff. -Gabriella
I only got to be at the concert for half of the time because I had soccer at 7:15. Mom said I did better than she thought I would. It made me feel good. -Silas

Thank you to our PAC for supporting the Artist in Schools program which allowed Jay Stoller to work with the students all week. Ms. Ross designed a beautiful bulletin board showcasing some student artwork as well as an amazing Celebration of the Arts display in the gym with the Canadian flag and flag of Ghana. It was a great evening to celebrate the arts. Don't be surprised to hear drumming on tables and chairs at home! Have a great weekend everyone.
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment