Friday, September 11, 2015

First Days in Grade 1

Moving as we learn.
At BHS the Kindergarten students come to school all day so being here for a full day is not something new, but being at school each day is a bit of a change. Starting the year off with a three day week is a nice way to get back into the school routine. I was glad to see that we still had energy as our Friday was winding down. Perhaps my energy was not quite as high as the kids, but I gave it my best shot!

Students will be sharing their voice with you as we reflect on our learning and express ourselves throughout the year. I asked them to think about their first few days as official Grade 1ers . . .
Some sorting and number work.
It was fun seeing all my friends again. -Landyn
My classroom looks really nice. -Zachary
I liked playing with new toys. -Cody
I liked drawing pictures. -Russell L.
I liked seeing my friends. -Levi
I like our classroom. It has nice colours. -Anna
There is cool stuff on our boards. -Makhaila
I liked making new friends. -Russell A.
There are nice toys and storage in our room. -Josh
I like reading and writing. -Naomi
I met new friends. -Ethan
I like watching things on the projector. -Sasha
I like playing with my friends. -Callum
At recess I play with my friends. -Eliza
I really liked meeting the class and all the kids here. -Cady
I liked playing in the sand with the seashells. -Sierra
I liked the rice station and meeting new friends. -Brady
I play hockey with a boy in my class. -Jake
I liked playing with my friends. I liked meeting everyone. -Gavin

I loved meeting my new kids. I look forward to our daily conversations as we get to know each other better.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. The sun will be shining and it will feel like the middle of summer again. I hope the beautiful weather continues for a bit. I'm not ready for heavy sweaters yet.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment