Friday, September 25, 2015

Keeping Busy!

We had more firsts this week, here are just a few . . .
Read to someone was introduced. The class discussed how to share a book when reading with another person. We talked about EEKK (sitting elbow to elbow, knee to knee). It was very evident that the students were keen on sharing their books. 

Our Big Buddies in Ms. Dodd's grade 3/4 class visited our classroom. We will be spending time with our buddies once a cycle. This week our buddies did a short interview to learn more about their little buddies. It was a fun way to get to know each other.  

In math we did some work on representing numbers using ten frames. Students were able to share their thinking with the class and to see that there are many ways to solve math problems. 

Our classroom library is full of interesting books. Ms. Code came in to get us started on sorting some of our books so the class knows exactly what is in our library. We came up with some good categories. There are lots more books to sort so we will keep at it. 

You may have heard your child talk about some of the movement breaks we have during our day.We have been enjoying the catchy rhythms and moves that give us energy or relax us as needed. Check out the information here to try it at home:  Go Noodle.

Our Terry Fox run was in the afternoon. The whole school got together for an assembly where we got to learn a little more about Terry Fox. Then everyone headed outside to run laps around the field. All students had a Canada map paper and as they completed a lap they got a province stamped. We have some strong runners in Room 2. Your child may be very tired tonight as they put in lots of effort to run across Canada! Thank you for your contributions to cancer research.



I asked the students to think about what they did well this week . . .
Here are our thoughts:
I kept my hands and feet to myself when I was outside playing. -Zachary
I did read to self. I read good. -Russell A.
I showed my mom and dad the classroom. -Callum
I turned on and off the lights each day. -Russell L.
I showed my parents the picture that I made of me. They liked the freckle details. -Anna
I did a picture of myself. I made an Instagram post and got 11 likes. -Landyn
I showed my parents my classroom and my picture. They said it was beautiful. -Cody
I wrote my name fancy on the paper I did with my Big Buddy. -Brady
I'm really good at clicking my heels when we do Go Noodle. -Gavin
I was reading the whole time when we read to self. -Eliza
I listened and answered the questions my Big Buddy asked me. -Levi
I ran hard for the Terry Fox run. -Naomi
I dance at school when we do Go Noodle. I'm good at dancing. -Sierra
I showed my mom and dad around my class. I liked showing them my book bin. -Jake
I'm good at dancing because I go to my dance class. I copy the moves on the screen when we do Go Noodle. -Cady
I did a good job when we read to someone. I shared my books. -Sasha
I got good exercise playing outside. -Makhaila

We had to say good-bye to our friend Makhaila today. We wish her well at her new school. The fall weather has been good to us so far. Take time to look at the changing colours around you this weekend. Let's enjoy all that this beautiful season has to offer.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment