Friday, November 13, 2015

Designers in Action

The students have been learning many things about the five senses. As a final project, they decided which sense was the most important to them and they created a device to protect that sense. Wow, there were lots of terrific ideas being shared.

Here are our thoughts:
I made goggles. I used toilet paper rolls. -Jay Dee
The hardest thing was to put the tape on. -Russell A.
It was fun to make my design. It protects my ears. -Josh
It was fun to ask the students questions about their design. -Gavin
I loved to put the tape on and the plastic on. The pipe cleaners were hard to twist. It was hard to make holes. -Callum
Putting on the pipe cleaners was hard because they didn't fit my head. -Naomi
It was hard to put the egg carton on the pipe cleaner.-Sasha
I liked the part where I cut the bottom off the bottle. The pipe cleaners fit on my ears so it can stay there. -Bapreet
My device protects my eyes. It stays on for more than 10 seconds. -Jake
I enjoyed how I made my design. I like to use it. -Cady
I liked my device because it looks nice. -Anna
The thing was hard to make because I had to tie some stuff. -Eliza
I used scissors to cut the paper towel rolls. -
I built something to protect my eyes. It was hard because there was a lot of taping and tying. -Levi
It was hard because I had to put so much tape. Everything was falling apart and it was really hard. -Brady
I liked making my project. I liked putting the pipe cleaners on. -Landyn
It was a little bit easy. I had to take off some tape because I couldn't see through it well. Then I thought of the idea to put pipe cleaner on. -Zachary
It was kind of hard making it because one side was crooked and one side was straight. -Sierra
It was hard, but it was a little bit easy putting the string through the holes. -Cody
My goggles protect my eyes. -Ethan



It really was impressive how the devices were created with many recyclable materials. Students put thought into their plans, made changes, and worked through challenges that they faced. Way to go Room 2!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment