Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Field Trip to the Children's Museum

Today we went to the Children's Museum. . . . what a fun-filled day. We were able to explore and discover before we went to the Expect Respect program. In Grade 1 we are talking a lot about being respectful to others. We were able to share some ideas about what respect means to us. Our leader spoke about the 7 Aboriginal Teachings. All the students decorated and made a drum to take home. Ms Knoll would have been proud to hear us making beats on our drum, listening respectfully, and matching the rhythms we heard. After the program we fueled up with a good lunch and then it was time to explore some more. We even went outside before the bus arrived to check out the play structure behind the museum. Thanks to all the adults who came with us to help things run smoothly. The museum was a hit. There was so much to see and do.

Here are our thoughts:
It was fun because you got to play on play structures, trains and do science experiments. -Josh
I thought it was fun when we played in the big playground outside. -Russell A.
I liked the Lasagna. I liked climbing all the circles. -Jake
It was fun to go on the digger. -Gavin
I liked the lasagna and the big train. It was so fun. -Bapreet
The train was fun. I played in the lasagna. -Ethan.
I liked the train. I rode the train. -Jay Dee
I liked the slide because when you go up high you could spy on people. - Naomi
I liked playing with the water and I liked how the tornado went round and round. -Cody
I liked everything. My favourite part was building. -Cady
It was a good day. I liked the excavator and the train. -Russell L.
I liked pushing on the pin screen and they came through on the other side. -Sasha
I loved, loved the train. I liked building with blocks and the water lab. -Callum
I liked when I went on the train and pushed the buttons. It turned on the train. I turned on the wipers. -Zachary
It was fun riding on the slide because you can go sideways and you can go down the slide really fast. -Sierra
I liked the lasagna because there was food inside and a noodle you push up and down. -Brady
I liked the train. You could watch a camera and it looks like you are on a train. It was fun. -Levi
I liked the lasagna because you get to crawl through holes and punch those balls. -Anna
The lasagna was fun to climb. -Landyn
It was fun to go outside and play on the pirate ship. -Gavin



You can see we're all about having fun in Grade 1. Hands-on exploration is such a big part of our learning. We were glad Sasha was able to join us on our field trip as this is her last day at BHS. We wish her well in her new home and her new school. You will be missed, Sasha!

I think we will all sleep well tonight after our full day of activity and excitement. Thanks to everyone for making it such an awesome day.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment