Thursday, November 05, 2015

Cenotaph Visit

Luckily it wasn't raining when the Grade 1s planned to walk to the Cenotaph on Monday morning. We all stood around the Canada flag and sang O'Canada beautifully. Ms. Knoll read the names of the people on the Cenotaph and we recognized that some of the streets in the area are named after these people. It was a perfect visit as we have been talking about peace and Remembrance Day. The Cenotaph is located at Memorial Park. This park provided us with some exercise and play before we returned to school. The students did a great job listening respectfully as the names were read from both sides of the Cenotaph. The smiling faces and carefree play made my heart happy. We thank those who have given so much for our freedom.













Here are our thoughts:
I heard names of soldiers. -Callum
I enjoyed walking to the Cenotaph. I also liked playing in the park. -Naomi
I enjoyed the walk. It was long. I liked the trail in between the trees. -Jake
I liked learning the names on the Cenotaph. -Russell A.
It was a good walk. We sang O'Canada. -Ethan
It was fun playing at the park. I liked it because the Cenotaph was cool. It had the names of the soldiers. -Josh
I liked walking to the Cenotaph. I liked playing on the playground. -Gavin
We went for a walk. I liked the park. -Russell L. 
I learned that they named streets after the soldiers' names. There were a couple names that were Hoddinott. -Brady
I liked walking to the Cenotaph because it was fun. We read the names on the Cenotaph. There were two sides on the Cenotaph. -Sierra
I liked walking there and back. We stood around the flag and sang O'Canada. -Eliza
I liked hearing the names on the Cenotaph. I liked when we sang O'Canada. -Cady
I liked walking to the Cenotaph and reading the names. I liked playing in the park. -Cody
I thought the names were interesting. Some of the streets are names after some of the soldiers. -Levi
I liked walking there, It was good exercise. It was fun hearing all the names. -Landyn
I liked walking to the Cenotaph. -Jay Dee
I liked learning about when the soldiers died and didn't come back. I was sad. -Sasha

Lest we forget.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment