Thursday, January 14, 2016

Inquiry Based Learning

We started our IBL (Inquiry Based Learning) work in science with Mrs. Dent Scarcello. We are looking at the characteristics of objects and materials. We made predictions and saw a video about how gummy bears are made. Mrs. Dent Scarcello had some really neat building blocks and materials for us to explore.

Here are our thoughts:
The wood blocks were hard. -Cody
I liked to find out what the objects were made out of. -Cady
I felt the foam blocks and they felt squishy. -Brady
I like building and feeling the different blocks. -Landyn
Gummy bears are made in a factory. I like to eat gummy bears. -Levi
I built a tower with plastic blocks. -Josh
All of the materials felt different. -Callum
We learned about how to make gummy bears. -Bapreet
At IBL we learned how things are made. -Jake
I built the Children's Museum. -Russell L.
I enjoyed looking at how things are made. -Gavin
Blocks are hard. -Jay Dee
I liked when I was feeling the toys and at the end I built a tower out of foam blocks. -Zachary
I liked it when we were working on what stuff is made of. -Eliza
I built the zoo. Ethan
I found out how some things are smooth and rough. -Sierra
I enjoyed building tower of blocks. We made the Eiffel Tower. -Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment