Thursday, February 25, 2016

Free-Form Collages

Collecting our papers.
We read about the famous artist Henri Matisse. He created amazing artwork. When he was older and no longer able to stand at an easel to paint, he cut out shapes and made collages. Matisse called this "drawing with scissors." We cut out free-form shapes and created our own collages inspired by Henri Matisse. After we started our collages, we stopped and took a gallery walk to see what everyone had been up to. It was neat to hear the compliments that were shared and the ideas that we took back to our work. We think our collages look fantastic.
Lots of artists and Room 2 like to stand while they create.

"Drawing with scissors" and planning our pieces. 

Taking a gallery walk to see the work in progress. 

Back to work.
Here are our thoughts:
I like drawing with scissors. He used to paint, but when he got older he just cut out stuff. -Jake
I enjoyed cutting out shapes. -Gavin
I enjoyed placing the coloured paper onto our sheet and cutting them out. -Anna
I liked to cut out the shapes. It was fun to make shapes and put them on the paper. -Cady
I liked when the shapes were done. I loved the picture I made because the shapes were really good. -Bapreet
You just make random shapes and you don't have to draw to make them. You can close your eyes and cut. -Brady
I loved when we cut out the paper. I glued the shapes on the paper anyway I wanted. -Landyn
I had fun working with scissors. I learned that Henri Matisse can draw without using pencil or crayon or marker. -Levi
I had fun learning how to draw with scissors. I made some neat shapes. Naomi
I learned that Henri Matisse was an artist and as he got older he drew with scissors. -Sierra
I learner that Henri Matisse did not give up on making pictures. -Zachary
I liked cutting shapes. -Jay Dee
I learned that he made pictures with paint and then he drew with scissors. -Eliza
Here are our collages!


No comments:

Post a Comment