Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Celebration of the Arts Evening

We had a great evening to celebrate the arts at Bird's Hill School last night. The WSO Group, grade 3 and 4 choirs, grade 4/5 and 5 Orff Ensemble performed. There were video presentations of kindergarten classes, grade 1 and 2 choir, artists in the schools stories and grade 1s. Each classroom had writing displayed for our reading pleasure. A "Good Writers" scavenvger hunt was also set up throughout the halls. Thanks to those who brought in food for all to enjoy.

Here are our thoughts:
I had a long time to finish my poetry about football. I liked how I figured out how to say it when so many ideas were coming into my head. -Russell A.
I liked searching for the missing letters. -Josh
I enjoyed doing the word search because I was almost the first one done. -Anna
I wrote a poem about cats because I love cats. -Gavin
I liked filling out the passport that I got. -Jake
I was in the videos. -Russell L.
I liked all the food there. I liked searching for the words. -Brady
My parents liked my poem about monster trucks. I liked doing the stuff with the passport. -Callum
My poem was about cats. -Jay Dee
I enjoyed the scavenger hunt. I liked finding out what the secret message was. -Levi
I liked writing my horses poem because it was really good. -Eliza
My poem was about McDonalds. -Ethan
I enjoyed eating the yummy food. -Naomi
I liked the poems we wrote. -Cody
My poem was about cats. I used the computer to help me draw my cats. -Zachary
I wrote a poem about Earth Day because I love the earth. -Cady
I liked when I made the poem fit in a fish tank shape. My poem was about fish. -Landyn
Last night was fun because I got to go around and find different words that good writers do. -Sierra


What a fantastic way to bring the community together and to celebrate our learning. We hope you enjoyed the evening. I will post our grade 1 video on the Zones of Regulation shortly. Thanks to Ms. Booth for all her help in the final production.
-Mrs. T :)
 

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific evening! Thank you to all the staff for the work you did to make this event a success. Our family really enjoyed the performances, videos and scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great to hear! We are glad that your family enjoyed the evening.

    ReplyDelete