Monday, April 11, 2016

Zones of Regulation

I am impressed with the language I have been hearing as we continue to talk about the Zones of Regulation. At student-led conferences, many parents commented on how the language is being used at home as well which is fantastic. Throughout the day we use our zones folder to indicate which zone we are in. One day after lunch a student came in and asked if we were doing our zones self-assessment now, One student said he was in the yellow zone because he was excited about the afternoon and another student asked how to draw "ready to learn". See why I'm impressed! Students have been identifying strategies to help them get in the green zone so they can have productive learning times. We will be creating a "zones video" as well. We can't wait to see how it turns out!

Here are our thoughts:
I'm nervous to make the video, because I have never made one before. -Landyn
I'm happy to make the video. I'm deciding between red zone and green zone. -Russell A.
I'm going to talk about the green zone. -Josh
When I am in the red zone, I go to the quiet spot in the classroom. I sit for 10 minutes. -Cody
I am writing about the red and yellow zone. When I am in the yellow zone I read a book or draw to calm myself down. -Bapreet
When I am really angry sometimes I just need to take a rest or have alone time or do the lazy eight. -Zachary
I'm writing about the green and blue zone. I picked those because sometimes I'm in the green zone and sometimes I'm in the blue zone. -Eliza
I am in the green zone because I am happy. -Ethan
I feel sad when I am in the blue zone. I take deep breaths to help me get out of the blue zone. -Levi
When I'm in the red zone, I take deep breaths. It helps me get calm. -Jake
When I am in the green zone, I feel ready to learn. When I'm happy I like to play with my friends. -Sierra
When I am in the green zone, I feel calm and focused. -Cady
I am in the green zone because I am calm. -Russell L.
When I am in the blue zone, I feel kind of sad. When I want to go back to the green zone, I just go and play with my friends. -Anna
When I'm in the red zone, I take deep breaths and I try to calm down. If it doesn't work, then I read a book. -Brady
When I am happy I am in the green zone. -Jay Dee
When I am in the red zone, my brain can get a headache. I take deep breaths to calm down. -Gavin

I hope your day has been very green zone-ish!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment