Thursday, April 21, 2016

Happy Earth Day!

Earth  Day Art
We have been doing activities for Earth Day this week. We have talked about how we all need to do our part to help planet earth. You can view the artwork we created using coffee filters and watercolour paints at Artsonia.

Here are our thoughts:
I am going to recycle cans and bottles everywhere so the world won't be covered in garbage. -Levi
I am not going to be a littler critter. I will pick up garbage off the ground -Cady
I am going to use both sides of the paper and never waste it. -Zachary
I will not waste paper so we don't have to cut down trees. -Josh
I will throw garbage in the garbage can if it's on the floor and recycling in the recycling box. -Bapreet
I am not going to litter. I am going to not use as much garbage. I will not leave on the sink when I am in the washroom. -Brady
I am going to use less water in my bath to help save water. -Russell A.
Litterless Lunches
I will not litter and I will have shorter showers. -Jake
I will use both side of the paper when I am drawing and colouring pictures. -Naomi
I will take shorter showers so I don't waste water. I will tell my mom to use less water in my brother's bath. -Landyn
I will turn off the lights when I am not in the room. This will save power. -Eliza
I am going to put on gloves and get a garbage bag and go around and pick up garbage that is close to my house. People shouldn't litter. -Callum
Give Earth a Hand
If I find garbage on my way to school, I will  pick it up and put it in the garbage can. -Sierra
I will save my food if I don't eat all of it. We should not waste our food because there are other people in the world that don't have food. -Anna
I have got to keep the earth healthy. I will pick up trash to save the earth. -Gavin
I will turn off the water when I brush my teeth. -Jay Dee

There is no school tomorrow. We are hoping you can all do something to celebrate Earth Day with your family. Maybe you can clean up litter around your home, turn off the lights for a period of time, walk or bike instead of driving, or power down electronics for the day. Let's make a difference.

Blue and Green Day
Have a great weekend and thanks for helping our earth!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment