Friday, September 16, 2016

Five Full Days!

Meeting our Big Buddies in grade 4 and enjoying a Smile Cookie. 
Dot Day!
Book Sorting.

Sorting objects.

It was our first 5 day week in grade1! We continue to review expectations to be safe, responsible and respectful in all areas of our school and playground. We are settling in to the new routines in grade 1. As we are getting used to our classroom environment, students have come up with classroom jobs that will give everyone responsibility each day. These jobs may change throughout the year as we see fit. It is wonderful to see the kids getting involved in  helping our classroom run smoothly.

We read the book, The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds. This book is one of my favourites. The students "made their mark" by creating Kandinsky circles. We also coloured a dot and used the Quiver app to bring our dots to life. We've been sorting objects in math and that led nicely into sorting our classroom library books. This is such a huge job that requires us all to work together. By having the students involved, they know what books we have in our classroom and where to find them. It's a fantastic process.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked making the Kandinsky circles. They were fun. -Bianca
I enjoyed reading because it is fun. -Tyson
I liked using pastels for art. -Ava
I played in the sandbox at recess. -Desi.
I like my teacher because she shows kindness to us and we show kindness to her. -Brooke
I liked making the Kandinsky circles. I worked hard. -Jack
I liked the Kandinsky circles because they were fun to make. -Blake
I liked making the circles. I liked all the colours. -Theo
It was fun doing sorting. We sorted books for our class library. - Marshall
I loved using the pastels. -Ben
I liked colouring with the pastels and colouring the dots and stuff. -Arianna
I liked seeing the dots come to life. It was cool. -Charlotte
I enjoyed my class job. I am super straightener. -Brody
I like my teacher because she is kind and does good stuff. -Adria
I liked seeing the dots move around. We had fun all these days. -Chase
I like being Lamp Lady. I turn off all the lights. -Lily
I liked doing the Kandinsky circles. -Andrew
I liked making the circles. They are pretty. -Stacey
I liked colouring the circles. -Dominic

Thanks to those families who have signed up for Remind. It is a great way to get notifications about our classroom and school activities. Request to follow us on Instagram: @mrstresoorsclass.

We were lucky to have the rain hold off today so we could be outside to get some fresh air and exercise. Enjoy the weekend everyone! Fingers crossed that the sunshine will be out!
- Mrs. T :)



Challenge: Get yourselves in order by height. 
All lined up and set for our first choir class!

No comments:

Post a Comment