Thursday, September 22, 2016

Great Events at BHS


The week has been busy. It was so nice to see the families at our Open House and BBQ on Wednesday. We asked our Room 2 guests to write what their hopes were for their child this year. The comments warmed my heart. We will keep these rocks in a special place. The students toured their families around our classroom. A highlight for many was our WOW Wall. It is displaying work we are proud of. After the students selected what they wanted to put on the wall, we all looked at the display and said, "WOW!" If you were unable to attend last night, there is a handout that went home in your child's agenda so you will have the information that was shared.








Today we had our Terry Fox Run. We gathered in the gym and Mrs. Gale shared a story that her students had written and illustrated. This gave us a better idea about who Terry Fox was. We also watched a video about this amazing man's life. It is so wonderful that Terry's dream of raising money for cancer research continues to be supported by so many. Thank you for contributing to a great cause.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked the Terry Fox run because we ran and I liked running. -Charlotte
The barbecue was great. I loved it. -Brooke
I liked the Terry Fox run because we donate money to help people. Bianca
I liked the barbecue. I liked my hot dog and playing on the play structure. -Brody
Beautiful day to be outside getting exercise. 
I liked the Terry Fox run. We had a grade 5 helper run with us. I liked running with Jack. -Ben
I liked the Terry Fox run because I liked running with Andrew. -Tyson
The Terry Fox run was fun because I like running. -Ava

Our WOW Wall
I liked the Terry Fox run because I did a lot of running and laps. -Blake
I liked watching the video about Terry Fox. He had a bad leg. -Arianna
I liked the Terry Fox run because I ran with my friend. -Desi
The WOW Wall has beautiful work on it. -Adria
I liked running with Ben. -Jack
I liked running in the Terry Fox run. I run fast. -Stacey
I ran fast. -Dominic
I liked running the Terry Fox run with my brother and my mom. My brother is three. -Theo
The Terry Fox run was very fun. I did lots of laps. I felt great. -Chase
I liked stretching before we ran. -Lily
It was fun running with Tyson in the Terry Fox run. -Andrew

The first day of fall has brought us gorgeous weather. The changing leaves are so pretty all around us. I hope you are able to take time to enjoy the delights of this beautiful season.

Practice your smile for picture day on Monday!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment