Monday, March 13, 2017

Paper Cut-Out Collages

In art class we learned about Henri Matisse. He was a famous artist who painted and sculpted. As he got older he was confined to a wheelchair which made it difficult for him to paint and sculpt. He didn't want to give up his interest in art so he began using scissors to create paper cut-outs. He said he was "drawing with scissors". His collages were admired by many. Some were extremely large murals that covered a whole wall. It was neat to be able to cut out shapes with our scissors. You may recognize some of our shapes, but many were made just by turning the paper and cutting unique forms. 
 



Here are our thoughts: 
I like cutting with scissors. -Lily
Matisse is a famous artist. I want to be one too. -Charlotte
I like the cut-out collages that Matisse made. He just used scissors and paper. He called it drawing with scissors. -Bianca
We made Matisse art. We used scissors and no crayons, markers or pencils. -Theo
I can make cool shapes by drawing with scissors. I can make some shapes wavy and bumpy. -Adria
I made a collage out of paper. It looks good. -Tyson
I liked the art we did. It was cool to cut out shapes. -Desi
It was really cool to make different shapes. -Ben
I liked some of the shapes some people made. Matisse is an artist. I am an artist too. -Ava
We cut shapes. I liked that. -Dominic
I liked making Matisse art. I like that I made a shape that looked like a dragon. -Brooke
Matisse is a very good artist. I like his collages. -Jack
I love Matisse and I love my collage I made. I bet he would like it if he was alive and in our school. -Brody
I cut out neat shapes. -Marshall
I like Matisse because he is a very good artist. -Andrew


You can see all of our collages on Artsonia. The artists in Room 2 are amazing.
-Mrs. T :)


Doing a gallery walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment