Friday, September 22, 2017

Another Great Week

Our WOW  Wall is amazing.
We continue to work on our daily routines in grade 1. We talk a lot about expectations and doing our job. The week was full of new experiences and lots of fun. We had our first class meeting where we created a bracelet for the class. Each person selected a coloured bead to add to our bracelet. It will be used to pass around our circle so we know whose turn it is to share during class meetings. During this time we talk about feelings and show good listening skills as our friends share their thoughts.
Our beaded bracelet.

The Open House and BBQ was held on Wednesday. It was wonderful to see families join us as their children showed them around the classroom. The weather held out and it allowed everyone to connect with families and friends we may not have seen over the summer. Thanks for taking the time to be with us. You are all such a huge part of our BHS learning community.

Books sorting
How can these books be sorted?
As we build our reading stamina daily, students are selecting books from our class library. I overheard several kids asking, "Where does this book go?" That was the cue to start sorting our library books so all the kids know about the great reading choices they have. The labels for the tubs will be made by the kids and this will be a big help in our classroom library. It is a large task and one that we are working hard at.
Some of our sorted books

The Terry Fox run was a huge success. We have been talking about Terry Fox and sharing information about his life. Every year it is truly heartwarming to see how we continue to honour this great individual and the impact he has had on our country. Thanks to those who were able to join us to support a great cause.
Terry Fox assembly
Stretching before the run


Great effort everyone!

Here are our thoughts:
My hamster died yesterday. I am sad. I will miss Charles. -Joel
I ran for Terry Fox today. -Chelsea
I liked the food at the BBQ. -Kayley
Today is my birthday. I'm excited for my birthday party. -Claire
I like book sorting. It's my job to help in the classroom library. -Harlow
I went to the BBQ. I danced outside with my friends. -Laniah.
It was very fun to run. I had to run lots. -Marcus
Terry is taller than grade ones. I drew me and Terry running. -Grayson
I went to the BBQ. I met some new friends. -Sophie
The Terry Fox run was really fun. I was really tired after running. -Ella
The Terry Fox run was really great. I ran with my partner. -Willow
I had to run fast to catch up to my friends because they are so fast. I had a super great time. -Noah
I miss Terry Fox.- Mercedes
We sort books. I am good at book sorting. -Kalem
I liked the run. The Terry Fox run was fun. -Etta
I liked playing with my friend at the BBQ. -Shain
I ran with my brother. -Ryder
The run was really good because I needed energy to run. -Camden
I love Terry Fox so much. -Marley
I needed to be fast to keep up with my friend. I ran fast. -Everett

It is picture day on Monday. . . practice your smile! Have a  wonderful start to fall everyone!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment