Friday, September 08, 2017

The First Days of Grade One

Well, those first few days are a blur. There is so much to cover at the beginning of the school year. We have been settling in to the grade 1 experience. Things are different than kindergarten and full days every day certainly can be challenging. Everyone is doing a great job learning about the new routines and slowly getting back into school mode . . . me included! Thanks to the Room 2 Families for filling out and signing all the forms that are coming home and getting them back to us at school.

This blog will highlight some of the activities taking place at BHS and in our classroom. We hope you enjoy following along in our year together.


Go Noodle movement break

Here are our thoughts:
I like how there are nice kids. I liked my first day here. -Camden
I liked that my friends from hockey are in my room. The kids in my class are nice. -Noah
I saw my new classroom. I saw my new teacher. I am happy. -Willow
I loved working on my agenda. -Claire
I liked going to gym. We played Freeze Tag and bounced balls. -Chelsea
I like learning. I like playing outside. -Ryder
I like that we get to dance to songs and count to 100. -Marley
I like playing soccer at recess. Everett
I love seeing new things that I have never seen before. I couldn't wait to see my teacher. Now I know my classroom and my teacher. -Ella
I like drawing. I like using crayons. -Marcus
I love playing outside everywhere. -Laniah
I like the classroom. I like the monkey. Kayley
I like the quiet spot in the classroom. -Harlow
I have lots of friends and I play outside with them. -Joel
I'm enjoying reading books. -Grayson
I like playing with my friends on the slide. -Shain
I love school because it gives you friends and you can play with them. -Sophie
I like writing and spelling words. -Mercedes
I like playing outside. -Kalem
I like learning. I learned that we got a new rug. -Etta

I cannot wait to see what else is in store for us this year. It's a five day week coming up. Get rested and ready for Monday. Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.
-Mrs. T :)
Classroom scavenger hunt
Exploration time with pattern blocks.
Build something tall.

Build something long.


Make an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment