Friday, September 15, 2017

Five Day Week!

Glad to see that we all made it through a full week together. There are some sniffles going around so we have been trying to keep our hands clean and we've talked about how not to spread germs when we cough and sneeze. We have been doing a great job working on our reading stamina. The kids are trying out different spots in the room to enjoy a good book. Everyone had a chance to find interesting books to fill their book bins. Friday was International Dot Day. We were seeing lots of dots! Such a fun way to end the week. Thanks Ms. Wasney for picking up our Smile Cookie treats! Have a peek at our video capturing some glimpses of life in Room 2!



Here are our thoughts about reading:
I like to read about fish and sharks. We read to learn. -Joel
I like reading about sharks, squids and every single animal in the world except cats and dogs. -Camden
Reading is important because it helps us learn. I like to read about dogs, cats and cheetahs. -Sophie
I like to read Lego books. -Kalem
You can think when you read. I think about learning how to spell.-Mercedes
If you read you can write. -Marcus
I love reading because you can learn new words and you can learn about lots of things. -Willow
Reading is important because you can learn about stuff. I like to read Elephant and Piggie. -Marley
I like to read bird books because I like birds. -Harlow
I like to read Lego and Star Wars books. -Everett
I like the books in my book bin. I picked them. -Shain
I like reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid because it's funny. -Chelsea
I love reading because you get to see stuff you have never seen in books before. -Noah
I like to read at school and home. -Grayson
Reading helps you learn to read. -Kayley
I love to look at the pictures because they are nice and pretty. -Ella
I love to read Elephant and Piggie books because I like the pictures. -Ryder
I love to read dinosaur books. -Laniah
I love reading because you can learn stuff when you read. -Etta
I like reading because I love reading my favourite books. I'm reading Amelia Bedelia and Mathilda. -Claire

Hopefully we will get a good rest this weekend because we get to do it all again next week. YAY! Stay dry. We may not be seeing much sunshine, but we can enjoy some cozy time inside. . . maybe even with a good book! You can do The Dot Song together. We know all the actions.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment