Friday, December 08, 2017

The Beauty of Snowflakes

The start of the week was very snowy. It was a perfect time to talk about snowflakes. We read some books and learned that snowflakes have 6 branches and no two snowflakes are alike. Pattern blocks were used to create our own ideas of the beautiful white fluff that falls from the sky.

Here are our thoughts:
I made a spinning snowflake. I like my spinning snowflake. -Ryder
Snowflakes have 6 spikes around them. -Marcus
My snowflake is really pretty. I was trying to figure out what would be the prettiest. -Ella
We made a snowflake with pattern blocks. Mine was special to me because I love snowflakes. -Etta
I like my snowflake because it was made out of pattern blocks. -Shain
No two snowflakes are alike. -Claire
We made a snowflake out of special tools called pattern blocks. -Harlow
Snowflakes are all different. -Everett
I made a snowflake that was falling from the sky. -Sophie
My snowflake is cool because it has big spikes. -Joel
I like that my snowflake has 6 sides because I am 6 too. -Mercedes
I like it because it is so big. -Kalem
I love snowflakes because they are beautiful. -Camden
I love snowflakes because they are different shapes and different sizes. -Noah
I made my snowflake big. -Laniah
I just love snowflakes because they just twinkle from the sky. -Grayson
I love snowflakes. I think they are so beautiful and they are so sparkly. -Marley

It's fitting that we are ending the week just as it began with gently falling snow. It certainly is going to be a white Christmas! Have a great weekend everyone.
-Mrs. T:)















No comments:

Post a Comment