Friday, September 21, 2018

Hopes for the Year

Thank you to the families that were able to join us at our Open House and BBQ on Tuesday. It was so wonderful to see the excitement in the children as they proudly showed off their classroom and shared some of the things we have been doing so far. We asked parents to write the hopes they have for their child's grade 1 year on a rock. This basket of hopes will be kept in a special place to remind your child of your good wishes throughout the year. The kids of Room 2 also have hopes of their own . . .

Here are our thoughts:
I hope to make new friends because I only know a couple people. -Jaxson
I hope to keep my hands and feet to self to be nice. Carter M.
I hope my friend is nice to me so we can play together and have fun. -Braydon
I hope that I will learn to read a lot of words so I can become a better reader. -Charlie
I hope I can read harder books in grade 1 because I can be a stronger reader. -Madison
I hope the bucket of jewels will be full because when it's full we can do a special activity. -Silas
I hope I can get better at reading because I like reading. -Ryder
I hope to learn reading so I can read lots of books. -Jarrett
I hope to make new friends so I can have more friends. -Carter D.
I hope to share with my friends because that makes me happy. -Bryce
I hope to learn to read so I can read on my own. -Liam B.
I hope to get better at reading so I can read my own books. -Kennedy
I  hope to make new friends because I love friends. -Autumn
I hope I get better at reading so I can read my dad's books. -Emily
I hope for my friends to always be nice to me because they are the bestest friends in the world. -Colton
I hope to make new friends to play with. -Will
I hope to be good in school because I like helping others. -Gabriella
I hope to read by myself so I can become a better reader. Nathan

We hope the year is full of kindness, learning, and fun. We can't wait to see what we all accomplish this year. Thank you for supporting us on our learning journey.

Have a wonderful weekend. Remember it is picture day on Monday! :)
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment