Friday, October 12, 2018

Global Read Aloud 2018

The Global Read Aloud was launched in 2010, by Pernille Ripp, a teacher, speaker, author, blogger, and advocate for education. It is "a global literacy initiative that began with a simple goal in mind: one book to connect the world. From its humble beginnings, the GRA has grown to connect more than 4,000,000 students in more than 80 different countries." The selected books range from picture books to young adult novels.

This year the picture book author/illustrator choice is Monique Gray Smith and Julie Flett. We just read, My Heart Fills With Happiness. This book allowed for meaningful discussion about what fills our hearts with happiness.

Here are our thoughts:
My heart fills with happiness when I . . . 
go to school. - Madison
play with my mom. - Autumn
play with Lego. -Colton
get a good night kiss from my mom. -Emily
play soccer with my brother. -Jarrett
play with my pets. -Ryder
get to play on my Wii. - Nathan
see my whole family. -Gabriella
put leaves in bags to make a spider. -Jaxson
get to go to Folklorama to see how people dance in different parts of the world. -Silas
get a hug from my mom. -Carter D.
go out on the quad. -Liam S.
carve pumpkins. -Kennedy
get kisses from my mom. -Braydon
play outside. -Will
wake up and my mom kisses me on my cheek. -Liam B.
play a game with my family. -Carter M.
have fun playing with my friends. -Charlie
get help from my mom to get dressed. -Bryce

We will be connecting with a grade 1-3 class in Winnipeg to share our thinking as we read the Global Read Aloud books. Please let your child know what fills your heart with happiness.
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment