Friday, October 26, 2018

You Hold Me Up

We read the story, You Hold Me Up as part of the Global Read Aloud. We made a list about how we can bring each other down with our words and actions. We put a big "X" over the words and showed the "stop" sign with our hands to remind us that these are things we should never do to others. We ripped up the paper so we would not be reminded of these unkind acts. Then we talked about how we can show respect and kindness by holding people up. This book is a good reminder that we have kindness all around us and we can show that same respect and kindness to others with even the simplest of gestures. We are lucky to have friends and family that hold us up each day.

Here are our thoughts:
You hold me up when . . .
you share with me. -Michael
you play with me. -Bryce
you give me a hug. -Will
you love me. -Liam B.
you play soccer with me. -Jarrett
you hug me. -Carter D.
you play with me on the play structure. -Kennedy
you share with me. -Gabriella
you read with me. -Autumn
you play on the monkey bars with me. -Braydon
you let me go where I please. -Charlie
you play with me at home. -Jaxson
you play tag with me. -Madison
you let me play my Wii game. -Nathan
you you play outside with me. -Ryder
you play video games with me. -Silas
you play a game with me. -Carter M.
you help me get dressed. -Bryce
you play Lego with me. -Colton

We are working on writing some folding books that tell how others hold us up and how we can do our part by making someone's day with our thoughtfulness.

Enjoy the weekend. Be kind to one another.
-Mrs. T & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment