Thursday, October 18, 2018

Poems and Chants

We have been reading and singing some poems and chants every morning. The blue duotang goes home on Fridays and is returned on Mondays. The kids are really enjoying them. Thanks for helping share in the fun!

Here are our thoughts:
I practice the poems at home so I can do them really good at school. -Charlie
I like the poems because my mom and dad help me read them. -Jaxson
I like doing the ghost poem because I like when we sing it. -Braydon
I like the ghost poem because we get to clap, clap and snap. -Ryder
I like the goblin song because I like saying, "Boo" at the end. -Nathan
I like the goblin song because it's like the Farmer in the Dell. -Gabriella
I like doing the actions with the songs. -Madison
I like the days of the week because I can remember the days of the week. -Jarrett
I like when we do the one with the ghost and we say, "Boo, Boo, Boo." - Liam B.
I like every single poem because I love doing the actions and singing. -Colton
My favourite poem is The Turkey because it's a funny song. -Silas
My favourite is the months of the year because I like saying the months. -Bryce
I sing them with my mom and dad. I read all the words. -Kennedy
I like the months of the year because I get to sing them. -Carter D.
My favourite is This Old Ghost because I like the ghost. -Carter M.
The Goblins in the Sky is my favourite because I get to do it with Madison. -Emily
My mom reads the poems with me. I like Five Little Pumpkins. -Will
My favourite poem is I Like because it repeats. -Autumn

We appreciate the comments you are adding in the "autograph" section of our duotang. So glad to hear the kids are showing you the actions. Great job grade 1s and families!

There is no school tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend.
-Mrs. T. & Ms. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment