Friday, December 05, 2014

Concert Countdown

It has been a busy week for us in Grade 1. We are preparing for our concert (K-2) on Tuesday. The Grade 3-5 concert is on Wednesday. Our concert is called An Old Fashioned Christmas. We are working hard to learn several verses of The Night Before Christmas. We practiced in the gym for the first time after the stage and risers were set up. It is pretty cool to see the gym being transformed into a concert setting.



During the week we created artwork to display at the concerts. Both ideas had a snowman theme. We read the books, Snowmen all Year and Snowmen at Christmas. For the first snowman art idea we tore paper to make a snowman head, nose, eyes and a mouth. The task wasn't easy, but the results are very impressive. These snowmen can be seen on Artsonia and also on the bulletin board by the gym.








Chalk  was used to make our next snowmen. We drew an outline of a head and a body and then shaded the areas in with white chalk. By blending the chalk with our fingers, we created a neat effect. Scarves and hats could be added as nice details. These snowmen can be seen on the music room bulletin board.

The students are proud of their work that is on display and also the work we have been putting in to prepare for our performances next week.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked practicing for the concert. -Saydee
I like concerts. Our concert is on Tuesday. -Brianna
Today I liked practicing songs. I liked when we said, "Twas the Night Before Christmas." -Diamond
I liked the chalk art that we did for the concert. -Andrew
We made snowmen by tearing faces and noses and eyes and a mouth out of paper. -Hunter
I liked doing both art snowmen. They are outside the gym and music room. -Kyla
I liked doing music in the gym. -Brayden
I liked when we ripped the paper apart for our art. -Ezra
I liked singing in the gym today. -Xoie
I am excited for the concert. -Ashley
We made art for the Christmas concert so everyone can see it. -Reese
I liked singing at our Christmas concert practice. -Rylee
I liked the chalk art. It is in the hall by the music room. -Kayden

Have a restful weekend. Try to practice the words for our part in the concert. I can't wait to see our performances and to see the Grade 3-5 concert.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment