Monday, December 01, 2014

Student Led Conferences

We had our student led conferences on Thursday after school and Friday morning. It was great to see the students celebrating their accomplishments this term with their families. It is a privilege spending my days working with incredible young people and also getting to meet their parents. Thank you to the families for coming out to share in your child's learning. Grade 1 is a fascinating time of growth, both academically and socially. We are learning so many things to cover the curriculum, but we are also discovering ways to be kind to people and to own our words and actions. Students, parents and teachers working together to build a positive learning environment warms my heart. Thank you parents for your continued support and encouragement.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked showing them my portfolio. -Rylee
My mom said my work was good. -Kayden
I showed my mom, dad and brother my work. They said, "Good job." -Brianna
I liked showing them my Terry Fox paper. I ran 5 provinces. -Saydee
I liked showing my parents the plasticine I mixed and put on the paper. -Kyla
My mom said I did good work. -Ezra
When we were practicing Brianna and I looked inside our portfolios and shared our work. -Diamond
I liked showing my mom my writing. -Ashley
My parents said they were proud of my work. -Reese
My mom said that she liked my line art on the wall. -Hunter
I liked that they said that all of my things were really nice and good. -Shelby
I liked that I showed my number of the day, number 6. -Kody
My dad said I did a good job on my work. -Ashton
I liked when I showed my parents my primary and secondary colours out of plasticine. -Xoie
My parents said I did nice work. -Andrew

We are looking forward to what Term 2 brings.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment