Thursday, February 05, 2015

We LOVE to Read!






February is I love to Read Month. We have lots of fun activities planned. There was a reading bingo sent home last week. If you complete an activity, have a parent sign it and if you fill in a row you can bring in the paper to the library on Fridays and Mrs. Dent Scarcello will give you a prize. We are also part of a February Instagram Challenge so if you follow us you can see what we are posting to share our love of reading.

We talked about why we love to read so much. Here are our thoughts:
I get better at reading when I read each day. -Andrew
My buddy reads to me in the morning. -Kingston
It's fun to read. It's nice and quiet when we read. -Hunter
Reading makes us smart. -Kyla
I can learn how to read harder books. -Ashley
I like to read with my grandma. She helps me with hard words. -Diamond
I like the details in books. Once you read a book you will know how to read it again. -Reese
It's fun to try to sound out new words. -Ashton
I like to pick the books I can read. -Brianna
I can learn about different things when I read. -Brayden
I love to read the words on the pages. -Kody
I can read curled up in my fuzzy blanket in the corner of my couch. -Ezra
I like the pretty pictures and when the words are dark to show shouting. -Shelby
I like to read books about my favourite character. -Xoie
I like that I get to pick my own spot when I am reading at school. -Isla
I like to read books out loud in my group. -Kayden
This book is going to be recommended 
on the announcements tomorrow. Have 
you read Smelly Socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment