Friday, January 30, 2015

It was an Awesome Week

Role playing

It was another busy week in Room 2. We had an assembly to learn about the bus loop expectations. Students enjoyed role playing the behaviours we should and should not see in the bus loop. We had hot lunch today. It is a nice treat to have a special lunch each month. Thanks to the volunteers who make this possible. Students have also been sharing their writing with the class. We are trying to begin our sentences with a capital letter and remembering to use end punctuation. Our field and tarmac areas have become very slippery with the changing temperatures outside and as a result there have been some indoor recesses. The students were happy to get outside when we were able to. We ended our week thinking about what we enjoyed about our time together.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked playing outside in the snow with my friends. -Saydee
We went to see the bus loop. That was new for me because I don't take the bus. -Andrew
I had fun playing in the snow. -Diamond
I liked hot lunch. The chicken fingers were delicious. -Kyla
I liked playing with the balls in gym. -Brayden
My art looks good on the bulletin board. -Kody
I liked building with my friends. We used the blocks. -Ezra
I helped the peacemakers at recess. -Ashley
It was fun walking in the halls with my friend at indoor recess. -Brianna
Hot lunch was awesome. -Hunter
I had fun playing at recess. Isla
I liked playing with jello, but my hands got all red. -Kingston
My dad came to our classroom. -Reese
I got some good books for reading when I book shopped. Shelby
I coloured the bus paper and drew people standing in line. -Kayden
I'm glad I finished my shape art. It looks really good. -Xoie

Sharing our writing. 
Mr. Unrau helping us learn about shapes.









Free-form Collages
The weather appears to be getting colder this weekend. I hope you dress warmly and are able to enjoy some fresh air. There is no school for students on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment