Monday, January 05, 2015

Word of the Year

Happy New Year everyone! 2015 has gotten off to a chilly start. We stayed indoors all day today because it was too cold to be outside. It was awesome to see all the familiar faces this morning and to meet our new student, Isla. We are very happy to have her join our learning community. The class had a chance to talk about the holidays and the end of 2014 as well as the start of a new year and all the exciting adventures that lie ahead. I recently saw a neat idea about a "Word of the Year"....a word that we can think about the whole year that has meaning to us. I have never been very good at making (or keeping) resolutions so I shared this idea with the class. We had time to discuss and share some ideas.

Here are our Words of the Year. . .
Love. . . I care about people. -Diamond
Friends. . . are important so we don't get bored. - Ashley
Giggles. . . I like to giggle with my friends. -Kingston
Caring. . . because I care about the people in my family. -Rylee
Family. . . you never want to have your parents out of your mind. -Kyla
Brother. . . I like to play Wii with my brother. -Reese
Love. . . I like hugging people to show I love them. -Andrew
Walk. . . if you walk you won't bump into someone and make them cry. -Xoie
Peace. . . my family is calm and we have quiet time together. -Ezra
Loving. . . loving my parents. -Ashton
School . . . we get smart at school. -Kody
Mom. . . I love my mom the best. -Hunter
Smile. . . you can brighten someone's day with a smile. -Mrs. T.
Play. . . I like playing with my brother at home. -Brianna
Brother. . . I like to toss a ball with my brother. -Isla
Hope. . . I hope my mom and dad never leave me. -Shelby
Home. . . I love when my Mom cooks us spaghetti at home. -Kayden
School. . . we learn a lot at school. -Brayden

What is your word of the year? Let us know we'd love to hear about it.
-Mrs. T :)


No comments:

Post a Comment