Monday, January 26, 2015

Norval Morrisseau Artwork

On Friday we ended our week with a special activity. Mrs. Kulyk helped us to create artwork inspired by Aboriginal artist Norval Morrisseau. The students selected a Manitoba animal for their piece. They drew a practice sketch in pencil and then received a watercolour paper to draw their animal. The animals were outlined in black marker and then painted using acrylic paint. After the pictures dried students touched up their work with black marker. The results are terrific. You can see them here on Artsonia.

This artwork is part of our AAA project this year. We will be writing letters to northern schools and sharing our artwork with them.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked painting my picture. -Brianna
I loved that we got to paint and add details with black marker. -Diamond
I liked when we drew our pictures and when we painted them. -Rylee
It was hard to only pick five colours to paint with. -Xoie
I liked that we got to pick paint colours that we wanted. -Andrew
I liked using the black markers. -Hunter
It was awesome that we got to pick what animal we wanted to draw. -Kyla
I liked my picture because I got to choose gold, red and orange. I like those colours. -Shelby
It was easy to draw the shape of my animal. I drew a duck. -Brayden
I liked painting my picture of an owl. -Saydee
It was hard doing the background painting. -Ezra
I learned that we can use five different colours to paint with. -Kody
I liked taking off the tape to make a border around my picture. -Kayden
I think that I'm an artist because it looks like an artist made my picture. -Ashley
I liked painting the pictures and doing the background. My background was purple. -Reese


 
Thanks to Mrs. Kulyk for sharing her expertise with these budding young artists.
-Mrs. T :)
here

No comments:

Post a Comment