Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Future Curling Champions

The Grade Ones were able to go on the curling ice for the first time! Thanks to Mr. Hargreaves and Mrs. Rand for all their hard work. The ice is amazing. We are getting some milder weather too so everyone can get outside to develop their curling skills.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked when we pushed the rocks on the ice. -Rylee
We played with the rocks and pushed them. -Brianna
It was fun because we got to go curling on the ice. -Kayden
It was awesome that we got to play with the rocks. -Hunter
I liked walking on the ice. -Brayden
We got to slide and we tried to get the rock on the red dot. -Shelby
I like exercise and you get exercise in curling. -Isla
I learned that you can slide on the ice in curling. -Kody
I liked how we got to slide the rocks. It was fun to slide on our tummies like a penguin. -Diamond
I was able to stay in my boots and go on the ice. -Xoie
It was fun learning the penguin slide. -Reese
It was easy to stand on the ice. -Saydee
It was fun learning everything about curling. -Kyla
I liked doing the penguin slide because we got to go on our tummy. -Andrew
I liked Mrs.Rand teaching us how to throw the rock. -Ezra
It was my first time being on the curling ice. It was fun because we got to slide on it. -Ashley

I started curling just like this. . . although the rocks were not nearly as fancy as the ones we have at school now. It is great to see the students experiencing this life long sport. Hurry hard!!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment