Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Grade One Assembly

Today the Grade 1s performed at our Fall Assembly. The students sang Turkey in the Straw. . .  also referred to as "Gobble, Gobble". Then we did a Halloween song that demonstrated how we can follow directions and show off our dance moves. We did the song first by ourselves to teach it to the rest of the school and then all the students and adults joined in!

Here are our thoughts:
I was nervous and my favourite part was doing the Halloween song. I liked pretending to be a super hero. -Callum
I was nervous, but mostly excited. -Jake
I felt good. I liked being on the risers and singing. -Naomi
I liked the Halloween song. -Ethan
I liked singing and stuff. I liked singing and sitting on the risers. -Gavin
I was nervous because there were lots of people. We did a good job. -Josh
I was happy to be in the assembly on stage. -Russell A.
I was nervous. After a while I started to feel better. -Levi
I liked the turkey song and the Halloween song. -Russell L.
I liked to be on stage for my first time. I liked doing the songs. -Landyn
I was proud of myself. I was kind of scared at the beginning. When I saw everyone and when they clapped I wasn't nervous anymore. -Brady
I liked it when we were done. I liked the Halloween song. -Zachary
I sang at the assembly. It was fun. -Jay Dee


I was scared at the beginning, but then I wasn't scared because all my friends were there. -Anna
It was fun to sing the Halloween song. We had fun doing the actions and singing at the same time. -Sierra
I liked when we were doing all the songs. I think everybody enjoyed it. -Eliza
It was fun doing it, but I was sort of nervous to be singing in front of the school. -Sasha

Wow, what a performance! Fantastic job Grade 1s. It was fitting that we ended the assembly singing, "Brave". We sure had to be brave to stand up and perform in front of the whole school. I'm so proud of all of you.
- Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment