Monday, November 07, 2016

Our Walk to the Cenotaph

Crossing at the crosswalk.
We moved our walk to Friday last week and Ms Knoll walked with us to the cenotaph. For some students it was their first time seeing this monument. The singing of O'Canada was beautiful as we stood in the sunshine around the Canadian flag.

Here are our thoughts:
I saw soldiers' names. -Adria
I really liked when we read the words on the cenotaph. -Chase
We walked to the cenotaph. -Stacey
We sang O'Canada by the flag. -Arianna
I liked when Ms Knoll said all the names. -Lily
It was cool because we got to know the names of the soldiers who died. -Jack
I liked when we were singing O'Canada. -Marshall
The cenotaph is cool because it is tall. -Blake
At the cenotaph Ms Knoll read all the names. -Ava
I loved singing O'Canada. -Charlotte
Singing O'Canada
I think it was a good idea to read the names on the cenotaph. -Theo
The cenotaph was tall. -Brooke
I liked when we sat around the cenotaph. -Desi
It was a long walk. -Dominic
I liked the cenotaph because it's big. -Brody
We sang O'Canada around the flag. -Tyson
We went to the cenotaph. People laid poppies already. We read the names of the soldiers on both sides. -Ben
The cenotaph had two poppies on it. -Andrew
I liked when Ms Knoll said the names and we said we remember. -Bianca

We are forever grateful for the bravery shown by the young people from this area who fought for our freedom. Because of the sacrifices of so many, we are able to live safely in a beautiful country. We are fortunate to be able to play freely, which is what we did in Memorial Park after our ceremony. Lest We Forget.
-Mrs. T :)

Memorial Park







Heading back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment