Thursday, November 10, 2016

A November to Remember

The week has been filled with the antics of the Dinos, enjoying the beautiful weather, discussions about Remembrance Day and so much more. Students have a long weekend because there is no school on November 11 and no school for students on Monday, November 14.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked the park because there was a pretend truck. -Jack
I was a wreath bearer at the Remembrance Day assembly. -Ava
I liked the slider at the park. -Chase
I enjoy having the dinosaurs in Room 2. -Adria
I liked the swinging monkey bars at the park. -Lily
The dinosaurs miss home because they want to see their family and friends. -Andrew
I liked the slide at the purple park. -Brody
I liked the rings at the purple park. -Bianca
I liked the assembly because I got to carry the wreath up with my friend. -Ben
I liked going to the park. I liked playing outside. -Theo
I thought the thing that slides was fun. -Arianna
I liked going to the purple park because it is my favourite colour.
Today the dinosaurs were really funny. They started their own colour club. I think they miss home and their friends. It would be really nice if they would just relax and like to stay. -Brooke
I liked going to the purple park. -Blake
The dinosaurs were colouring at my table today. -Desi
We sang O'Canada at the assembly. We saw pictures of gravestones, soldiers and poppies. -Tyson

Our Wednesday Walk took us to a park in the community. Many of the kids know it as Purple Park which makes sense since there is a giant purple slide. The November weather has been delightful. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I know we are loving it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I got my snow tires on extra early this year! Hard to believe that there was a blizzard 30 years ago that shut down the city.

The students did a very good job of being respectful at the assembly today. It was different to not clap for the wonderful performances. Thanks to the help and support from everyone at school for putting together such a lovely program. Take time to remember.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment