Friday, November 25, 2016

The Weeks are Flying By

It has been a busy week in Room 2. The snow finally arrived, we learned about the element of line in art, Walking Wednesday took us through the community, Ms Gauvreau was in our room for our writing residency and the Dinos were up to some pretty funny adventures!

We have had a guest in our room working with us on our writing journey. I am so proud that the kids in grade one see themselves as writers and readers. We will be making a counting book about dinosaurs as the Dinos have been a great source of inspiration for our writing this month. During our writing residency, other teachers joined us to watch the process with Ms Gauvreau leading the way. We were so lucky to be a host class with Ms G. The Dinos liked her too. They even snuck into Ms Gauvreau's bag and went home with her one night!
Walking Wednesday








Here are our thoughts:
There's a book called Snowmen at Night. Ms Gauvreau read it to us. -Arianna
The Dinos made snowballs and  a snowman. -Stacey
We did art. We drew different lines. -Marshall
We got snow. I was building a snow fort. -Ava
The dinosaurs got into Ms Gauvreau's suitcase and went home with her. -Jack
The writers of Room 2
We had snow. It snowed today I am really excited. I can't believe it. -Chase
On our walk we made snowballs and threw them at the field. -Bianca
I liked Ms Gauvreau because I got to see the other teachers who came to our room. -Brooke
The dinosaurs were at Ms Gauvreau's place. They were eating the fruit. -Andrew
I love the walk. I loved the snowball throwing. We don't throw snowballs on the playground. -Brody
I like playing outside because I get to go in snow forts. -Blake
I wrote so good. I wrote about 2 dinosaurs in a boat fishing for fish. -Ben
We walked in the snow for the first time on Walking Wednesday. -Lily
I love squishing the snow with my hands. -Desi
I stomped my feet in the snow. -Dominic
I made a big snowball and it got joined to a snow fort. -Tyson
I liked when Ms Gauvreau came to do our Dino book. -Theo

I can't believe it is already nearing the end of November. Report cards go home on Monday. We are looking forward to celebrating our learning with you at student led conferences next week.
Have a great weekend.
The Dinos on Ms Gauvreau;s table enjoying fresh fruit!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment