Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Deer Meadow Farms

We joined our friends in Ms. Chuckrey's class and Ms. Code's and Mr. Moffatt's class for a field trip to Deer Meadow Farms. Fortunately the weather held out. We were able to enjoy the real farm experience of being outside with all the animals and getting lots of fresh air.

Here are our thoughts:
I liked petting the bunnies. They felt soft. -Jack
I liked the wagon train ride because we saw animals that we couldn't see when we were on the walk with the other animals. -Bianca
I learned that the black hens lay blue eggs. -Ava
I liked the white bunny. -Dominic
I loved the sheep because they were soft. -Marshall
I petted the animals. -Desi
I learned that the people who own the animals only shave the adult sheep because they have more wool than the babies. -Brooke
I petted the cow and it felt soft. -Lily
I learned that there was a pig at the farm. We got to climb on hay bales and tires. I like to climb. We got to go in a maze too. I like mazes. -Blake
I learned that all animals need food and water like we do. -Adria
I was surprised that pigs, when they are an adult, weigh 600 - 800 pounds. -Theo
The deer were cool. Some deer were white, some were brown, and some had spots and some had antlers. We didn't get to pet the deer because we were in a wagon. She was feeding the deer. -Ben
I learned that deer antlers are made out of bone. -Tyson
I liked the goats because they were cute. -Arianna
I learned that two of the bunnies on the farm were twins. Their names were Kit and Kat. -Charlotte
I liked the goats the best. Some of them had horns. -Andrew
I liked the wagon train ride and I learned about the sheep, deer and pigs. -Brody

Thanks to the parents who were able to support us today. It was great to be able to enjoy time at the farm. I think we will sleep well tonight after a full day of fresh air and fun. You can watch the video to see a few highlights of our trip.
-Mrs. T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment