Friday, October 13, 2017

Fire Safety

Fire Prevention Week is from October 8 - 14. We have been talking about fire safety all week. It is important to practice fire safety plans at school and at home. Our school plan allows us to get out of the building quickly and safely. We meet at a designated area so we can make sure everyone is accounted for. We need to be prepared and move calmly outside. We hope you ask us about what we have learned about fire safety this week.

Here are our thoughts:
I know that if the door is hot, do not open the door. -Willow
If you get on fire you have to stop, drop and roll. -Everett
Never go back inside. -Ryder
I now have an idea of an escape plan. If my door is on fire, I will grab one of my toys and smash the window and go out. -Joel
It is important that if there is fire on your clothes you can roll. -Sophie
I learned that if the door is hot and there is smoke behind the door call 911 and get out. -Camden
I remember that you stop, drop and roll if your clothing is on fire. Call 911. -Ella
Fire fighters can help you. They can put out fires. -Claire
I learned about getting to my yard. I'm going to go in front of my house and figure out a plan. -Mercedes
If you are on fire stop, drop and roll. -Kalem
Don't hide from the fire because the fire could hurt you and your family might not know where you are. -Etta
Look if there is smoke around the door. -Shain
Stop, drop and roll to put out the fire on you. -Chelsea
I learned that if there is a fire you have to have an escape plan ready. I learned stop, drop and roll from a book. -Noah
I learned that if you smell smoke crawl down low because smoke is dirty air. -Grayson
You have to have a spot for meeting outside. I will meet by my play structure. -Marcus
Don't go out the door if it's hot. -Laniah
When the fire bell rings at school, go outside and don't scream. -Kayley
Fire is dangerous because it can burn you. -Harlow
When fire is on your clothes you have to stop, drop and roll. -Marley

Be safe! Enjoy the weekend.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment