Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Global Read Aloud

We are participating in the Global Read Aloud which is the brainchild of Pernille Ripp, a teacher, speaker, author and blogger. It began in September 2010, with the very first Global Read Aloud book being The Little Prince. The project has grown extensively throughout the years and involves people from all over the world.

It is a free project, where the only thing needed is the book and some way to connect with others. We are using our blog to share our ideas and we will also communicate with others more globally. The primary grades are reading a series of books by the author, Mem Fox, a well-known children's author from Australia. The first book we read is called Koala Lou. It is a delightful story that got us thinking about how our moms show they love us. Ask your child what Koala Lou's mom says to her.

Here are our thoughts:
My mom hugs me. -Marcus
My mom kisses me and hugs me every night. -Willow
She takes me on dates. -Noah
She always hugs me and kisses me. -Grayson
She buys me toys. -Kalem
She lets me watch movies and she snuggles with me and lets me have baths. -Marley
She gives me candy and hugs me every day. -Camden
She hugs me a lot. -Laniah
She takes me to the movies. -Sophie
She sings me my song all the time at night time. -Etta
She hugs me. -Chelsea
She kisses me at bed and reads me a story. -Merecedes
Mommy kisses me and hugs me. -Harlow
She takes me to school. -Shain
She gives me treats every night. -Claire
She sometimes lets me play on my video games if I get ready on time. -Joel
She lets me play video games. -Everett
She gives me hugs. -Ryder
She says, "I love you with all my heart," and she hugs me and kisses me. -Ella
She tucks me in every night and kisses me and hugs me before I go to sleep. -Kayley

What wonderful thoughts fill our minds when we think of how much we are loved.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment