Friday, October 27, 2017

First Snow

The snow arrived a little earlier than I expected. The first snow always brings a great deal of excitement. We have talked about the expectations at recess with our playground looking a little different. The kids were excited to discover all that they could do with the freshly fallen snow. The strong winds made the day a little tougher to endure, but we got outside and we got lots of fresh air.

Here are our thoughts:
The snow is fun to make forts in it. -Joel
I like snow because it's my favourite thing to build a snowman, make a snow fort and crack ice. -Chelsea
It was great because I love winter times. -Grayson
I love winter because it's fun and my friends love making giant snowballs. -Claire
I love snow because my friends play with me every time when I go outside. Kayley
I love winter because I get to make big snowballs. -Harlow
The snow was fun because you can make snow angels. -Sophie
I love snow because I can go skating with my family and I love to go skating. -Ella
We made a ginormous fort with my friends. It is way by the baseball diamond. -Marcus
I like to play in the snow because I have fun doing anything in the snow. -Kalem
I love to play in the snow because we get some snow to build stuff. -Etta
I like building snow castles with my friends. -Everett
I like playing outside in the snow because I get to play outside with all my friends in a huge snow fort. -Noah
I like snow because you get to make lots of snowballs. -Mercedes
Before school, me and my brother were rolling snowballs. -Marley
I like the snow because it's really good to play in. -Willow
I'm excited because my dad is helping me build a snow fort, a snow bed and a snow chair. -Camden
I like playing in the snow because I can make snowmen and snow forts. -Ryder.
It was fun outside. I made a snowman. -Shain
I like the snow because I can make a snowman. -Laniah

Just because the temperatures are getting colder and we have snow, it does not mean the season is winter. We had some discussion about this when we were thinking about changing the card to winter on our calendar. Fall is still with us until our winter break which was hard for us to believe.

Thanks for sending the kids with all their clothing for the colder weather. If you could label their items it helps us find things that may get on the floor or find their way to the lost and found.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment