Friday, March 06, 2015

Hello March!

March greeted us with some fierce wind and cool temperatures which meant. . . indoor recesses. The students enjoyed the option of getting in some movement with Go Noodle and also being able to have some choice time. We did an owl craft and we thank Ms Turner and her student teacher Miss Bauschke for the supplies. During the craft we discussed objects and materials which we have been working on in science. Pattern blocks are hugely popular with many of the students in room 2. The creativity shown is fabulous. We were able to see our Grade 4 buddies to do some reading this week. I think our big buddies enjoyed  hearing some of the poems and songs we have been practicing. Mrs. Slukynsky came to talk to the Grade 1s about nutrition. We were able to sort pictures into the four food groups. The first week of March has been filled with lots of learning and fun. Next week we have student led conferences. We are looking forward to sharing with our families.

Here are our thoughts:
It was cool to make the owls. I liked the craft. We used cotton, wood, plastic and pine cones. -Kyla
We made owls for art. We drew and labelled the materials on a bag. I will bring it home today. -Reese
I liked drawing my owl on my bag. -Saydee
I liked when we did the snowy owl. We got to put the cotton balls in the pine cone. It looks like a real snowy owl. -Kayden
I like my owl because we got to pick our pine cone. I named my owl fluffy.  -Isla
We got stickers from Mrs. Slukynsky. My sticker had eggs and chicken. Brianna
I didn't know all the food groups, but I learned it today. -Ashley
I put tortilla in the grains and peaches in the fruits and vegetable place. -Rylee
I learned about nutrition. It was fun sorting the food groups. -Ashton
I liked playing the guessing game. I guessed pomegranate and corn right. -Hunter
I liked learning about nutrition because it was fun because we got to play a guessing game. We placed the foods into the food groups. My favourite food was oatmeal and eggs. -Shelby
I read with Zidane. I read Bear Stays up for Christmas. -Ezra
I liked when my reading buddy Jace read to me and I got to read to her too. -Andrew
I liked reading with Michael. I read first and then he read to me. -Brayden

Enjoy the warmer weather. . . my fingers are crossed that it is here to stay.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment