Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Art

Water is spread on the paper.
I discovered an art project on Pinterest thanks to Jen King whose blog is, "A Day in the Life of this Art Teacher". We used watercolour paints which are always a hit in Room 2. Students were asked to select either warm or cool colours for their background. An eyedropper with rubbing alcohol was squeezed on to the paint to add a neat effect. Birds will be added to the background to complete the project.
Did you pick cool colours?
Or did you pick warm colours?
Here are our thoughts:
I squeezed the eyedropper and the drops made the paint lighter and it made bubble shapes. -Kyla
I like to paint. The colours look good. -Brayden
Mine looked really, really cool. When I put on the rubbing alcohol it looked like it was exploding. -Hunter
I liked painting the background. -Kayden
I liked that when you dropped on the rubbing alcohol the paint spreads and it looks cool. -Isla
I liked that we got to mix colours together. My colours were purple, blue and green. -Ashley
I had to paint with water and I covered the whole page. -Andrew
It was hard to make sure that the dots weren't too big. -Xoie
I liked when we painted and we got to cover the paper with water and paint. -Rylee
I liked doing the watercolour paper and today we might do the birds. -Diamond
I picked cool colours for my background. -Saydee
I liked everything about the painting and using the eyedropper. -Kody
I liked making the different colours on the paper. -Ezra
I picked the warm colours red, orange and yellow. I like how my background looks after it dried. -Shelby
I liked painting. I liked putting on the rubbing alcohol on the paper. It made a nice design. Mine is beautiful. -Brianna

These artists did a great job on their backgrounds. Now we have to work on the birds. We will post our work on Artsonia when we are done.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment