Friday, March 13, 2015

Shape Creatures

To help us learn about 2 dimensional shapes we created some Shape Creatures. Students picked a shape and added details to make their shapes come to life. We even named them!

Here are our thoughts:
It was easy to make the creature. I put the feet on after. -Kayden
It was easy to glue on the legs and arms on my creature. -Brianna
It was hard for me to make six eyes on my creature. -Saydee
I liked making my shape and adding details. -Diamond
I liked cutting out my shape. It was a trapezoid. -Andrew
It was easy to cut out the pentagon shape. -Hunter
I liked making the names up. My shape creature is named Oliver Octagon. -Kyla
It was easy to put the eyes on my creature. -Brayden
It was fun because I liked folding the legs and arms. -Ashley
It was easy to cut the eyes out for my creature. It's name is Ocky Octagon. -Ashton
I loved making them. I liked cutting out the triangle shape. -Ezra
My creature is orange. I put yellow hair to show and it is a girl. -Xoie
I made one eye. He is an oval and he has a pirate hat. His name is Pirate Pete the Oval. -Reese
I liked my creature because it had buck teeth. It made me laugh a lot. -Shelby
I made a yellow triangle creature. He is smiling. -Kingston
I liked cutting out all the eyes and stuff, but it was kind of hard to cut it out. -Rylee
I added arms and legs and a green eye to my creature. He looks like a ninja. -Kody

We've received lots of comments about our super duper shape creatures. Awesome job Grade 1s!
-Mrs. Tresoor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment