Sunday, March 01, 2015

Good-bye February

It was an emotional week for all of us. Our thoughts go out to our classmate, Ashley and her family. It is times like this when we pull together and support each other. We made cards for Ashley and I was so impressed at how thoughtful the students were in carefully writing a message from their hearts. The voices of Grade 1s are innocent and honest. . . their words touched my heart. We were able to get in some laughter too which is always important. The week ended with students dressing up like a book character. It was a fun way to end I Love to Read month!

Here are our thoughts:
We made cards for Ashley. Mine was pretty. -Hunter
I liked my card because it had three pictures on it and it looked nice. -Xoie
I took my time writing my card. I hope Ashley likes it. -Kody
I was sad when we were making the cards because I was sad for Ashley. -Kyla
I hope Ashley likes the cards we made. -Saydee
I liked making all the cards. They were really cool. -Ezra
I liked that we got to dress up into any book character we wanted. I was a fairy. Isla
I dressed up like a pink pop star today from a Barbie book. -Diamond
I didn't have time, but I would have dressed up as Batman with a black mask. -Brayden
I liked when we dressed up and we got to see everyone's costumes. I am Pete the Cat. -Rylee
I wore my Olaf t-shirt for dress up like a character day. -Brianna
We dressed up like a book character.
I was going to dress up like a monster high character, but I forgot. Since I forgot I said I was a zombie because I made my hair look all messy and I walked with my arms out straight. -Shelby
I liked today because lots of people dressed up. If I didn't forget, I would have dressed up like Brady Brady, a hockey player. -Ashton
I didn't dress up as anything, but I said I was one of the people from Diary of a Wimpy Kid. -Reese
I dressed up as Clifford the dog for book character day. -Kayden
It was fun dressing up as a book character. I liked when I got to see all the book characters. I dressed up as Mr. Incredible. -Andrew

Thanks to everyone for taking care of each other. I am looking forward to what March brings.
- Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment