Friday, April 17, 2015

An Exciting Week!

Dental Health presentation
Looking at an x-ray of some teeth
You need to brush your teeth well.
The weeks are flying by. It is so exciting to see the growth the students have made and continue to make each day, not only academically but socially as well. Each day brings new learning.

We focused on dental health this week and we had an oral hygienist come in to talk to the Grade 1s. Thank you to Miss Bauschke, Ms. Turner's student teacher, for arranging this presentation. I hope all the students use their new toothbrushes to keep their teeth and gums healthy.

Mrs. Dent Scarcello spent time helping us reflect on our role to help the earth. Earth Day is on April 22 so we will be able to have our ideas shared on a bulletin board in the library. We can't wait to see our work on display.

Our Jets Pride Assembly was held on Thursday and it sure got everyone energized. Many of us watched the news to see our school on television. We hope the Winnipeg Jets feel our energy and positive support!

Here are our thoughts:
I learned the parts of a tooth. The hard outside part is called enamel. -Brianna
CTV Winnipeg filmed our Jets Pride Assembly
We learned about teeth from a hygienist. We got toothbrushes. Mine is pink. -Diamond
I enjoyed getting video taped on T.V. I watched it at home with my auntie too and I was on T.V. singing O' Canada. -Andrew
I loved when we yelled, "True North at the assembly. -Saydee
I had fun at the gym when we were dancing to the Jets Playoff Anthem. -Kayden
I liked wearing my Jets jersey to school. -Kingston
It was exciting dancing in the gym for the Jets Pride Assembly. -Ezra
Earth Day is April 22
I was surprised that we got on the news. When I got home my Mom was super proud of me. -Hunter
How will you help our earth?
It was nice that Lorraine gave me a toothbrush. -Isla
I loved it when I got to brush the big teeth with the big toothbrush. -Xoie
I enjoyed when the Jets song was on because it is my favourite song. -Shelby
It was cool looking at the x-ray of the teeth. -Brayden
Everybody in the school wore a Jets jersey or white to cheer on the Winnipeg Jets. -Reese
Go Jets Go!!
I enjoyed the Jets assembly because I loved the song. -Ashton
I drew a picture of myself for the Earth Day bulletin board. I made spiky hair. Kody
The Winnipeg Jets could have won, but they didn't. It was fun watching them. There are more Jets games to watch. The assembly was fun because we got to do the wave. -Rylee
On Earth Day I'm not going to drive the car because I don't want the gas to come out of the back. I am going to ride my bike around the block. -Ashley

Many of us will be cheering hard on Saturday for game 2 of the Jets versus Anaheim series. I hope we all get a chance to get outside to be active as well. Have a fabulous weekend!
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment